Okay, so Deanna and Larry are here to help you pump up the volume of FUN in your marriage today if you need some fresh ideas...
1) Go camping. Just pitch a tent in your backyard if you don't have time to actually go to a campsite. Sleep in the same sleeping bag. (Naked.)
2) Stop at a photo booth in the mall and take some pictures together. (Clothed)
3) Do something together recreationally that you've never done before. (Hint: no, not smoking pot. Remember, we said this was legal. Just good clean fun.) By recreationally we mean something like zip lining or kayaking. Larry and I went zip lining in Cozumel this past year.
4) Are you a woman? You might want to try some Zestra. I did, and wrote about it here.
5) Do karaoke together. Sing a popular love song duet like "I Got You Babe," "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing, Baby" or "Endless Love." If one of you has absolutely no singing talent, this makes it a lot more fun. If you are with a group of friends this takes it to a whole 'notha level!
6) Pack a bag and leave overnight (together) having no idea where you're headed. Just start driving and spontaneously do stuff as you go along. On one of these trips, Larry and I found what has now become one of my all time favorite places to eat, and my latest and greatest food craving.
7) Get Playstation 3 Dance Party, or borrow it from a friend. Larry and I got it for Christmas and then played it at our New Year's Eve Party with a bunch of friends. So much fun we should have been arrested!
8) Pick a brand new TV show that's going to be "your show" that you watch every week together. Right now our show that we never miss together is, "Dogs in the City." (Max and Maddie like watching it with us too.) Pop some popcorn. Snuggle up.
9) Get a massage kit and learn some basic body massage techniques to try on your partner. Larry and I get a lot our stuff from here. Turn your bedroom at home into a spa... burning the yummy smelling oils all that good stuff. Just be careful when you use candles, or anything with fire. Larry and I have had so much fun, we lit a place on fire once. Well, actually more than once, but who's counting? Our friends are still laughing. Especially Lisa Alexander who reminds me of the Miami fire incident all the time.
10) Before you try to spice up your marriage, put the spice back in YOU. Invest in areas you've been neglecting. Groom yourself like you're going on your honeymoon again for the first time. It's time to bring sexy & fun back if they've left the building.
Last time I wrote a post of this nature, a lady said she was going to call our district superintendent to report me, but couldn't find the number. Just in anyone feels the need to report me for writing about the amazing blessings of marital love and fun, let me save you the trouble of having to look up the information:
Rev. Terry Raburn, Pen-Florida District Council