1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere?
I like hosting holidays in my home, although Thanksgiving has definitely become more of a challenge since I've gone to Africa the past two years until just days before.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range?
My husband completely takes care of the turkey and I really don't know what he does, but it comes out perfect each time.
3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?
4. Sweet potato pie or Pumpkin pie? Both!!!
5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?
Ooooohhh! A blessing! Love 'em!
6. What side dishes are a must-have in your family?
7 layer salad, my homemade yeast rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, Misty's creamy corn, cranberry sauce.
7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?
More countertop space.
8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? Absolutely - definitely a few not just one.
9. What do you wish one of your guests would bring to your house?
There's really nothing more I wish for - we have a full house and a full table of food!
10. What do you wish one of your guests would NOT bring to your house?
11. Do you stick with a particular menu from year to year, or do you mix it up?
Yes, we are very traditional in our menu. Sometimes I add something but our constants remain!
12. Is Thanksgiving a religious or secular holiday in your home?
It is both
13. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.
Larry gets up early to start on the turkey and he and Savanna begin watching the Macy's parade and that's what I wake up to. I have done all of my food prep the night before and then all that is left for me is cooking the sweet potatoes and making the casserole, the mashed potatoes and rolls. Otherwise, it's a day to relax until it's time to do the dishes after the meal.
14. Share one Thanksgiving memory.
We used to spend all of our Thanksgivings at my in law's when we lived in Maryland. It was a much more relaxing day for me as my mother in law did more of the cooking and I just made a few dishes. One Thanksgiving Larry and I just went in the back yard and fell asleep in the hammock together for a long time and it was so nice.
15. Name five things you’re thankful for.