When I say it was raining, I mean it was a torrential downpour.. And Larry and I had to leave at 7:30 am for sectional council. So I couldn't take Savanna to the bus today. I thought maybe I'd have Dustin take her but I laid there "concerned" about what to do and I got up at 6 amand got her a pair of my shoes that are pretty water tight (we wear the same size now...she's 10 years old and wears a size 9! Go figure! She's one TALL girl...almost as tall as me now, it's pretty AMAZING.) In addition to the shoes I got my pink raincoat that she likes, and a big huge umbrella. But praise God she never needed any of it. Thank the Lord by the time Jordan had to leave for school it had stopped raining (or I would have driven him to the bus.) And the rain had also dissipated by the time Savanna went. I breathed A LOT easier leaving for my meeting knowing she was not going to the bus in the rain. I know rain won't kill anybody but I just don't like my kids out there in the rain. Just one of those "Mom" things.
Thankfully my ear felt better by the time we got to our meeting. I'm not saying it was healed yet...the faith enhancer just kicked in. :-) Hopefully it will get better by tomorrow. By the way, tomorrow I get the crown on my tooth! (God willing!)
Today was a day that was a mixed bag. First, I had an answer to prayer that I've been taking before the Lord for a few years now. God always comes through...sometimes it just takes a little time. Thank you Jesus, for long-awaited breakthroughs. Second, I had many work issues to deal with...nothing bad, just a ton of stuff in prep for Easter. And I dealt with a stressful thing or two, but...this is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it! I don't say that as a cliche, but honestly thanking God for His blessings on me. I thought I would just recount some blessings in my life as I am finishing out this post tonight...they are just the tip of the iceberg for me but they are on my mind today so here goes...
1) My friend Pastor Jennifer Lee called me yesterday. Just to hear her voice made me smile. Then she said, "let's go shopping!" and my smile got even bigger. :-)
2) My sister Kim. She makes me smile. I love you, Kim!
3) Teeby made the mashed potatoes with our dinner tonight. He does them so good they are just so creamy and delicious, it's Uh-MAY-zing!
4) I thank God for His holy creativity flowing through my life. I am determined more than ever to "criticize by creating" as Mark Batterson says. Gosh, I've only scratched the surface. There's so much more!
5) Choir rehearsal last night was smokin'! They have really been working at home (with their CD's)...I can tell. I believe this week's song will be totally off the charts! We not only sang and practiced, but we had a blast dancing around to the music.
Gonna be a good day in the house...I can feel it!