What were you doing 10 years ago?
Co-pastoring a church, nursing a newborn, directing choir, leading worship, working way too many hours a week and pinching every penny.
What were you going one year ago?
One year ago was one of the absolute greatest times of my life. Last year was amazing. I look back on 2006 and can't do anything but smile! We had the best year in the church in 2006 and in our lives personally. So many good things, I can't even chronicle them all. We experienced some changes that were God-sent that made all things possible. One of the greatest things was the incredible sudden boom of our youth group - God did so many awesome things beginning in January of 2006, and it just kept right on going throughout the entire year. Last August/September things were just absolutely busting. Great memories, nothing but great memories! I think I floated on a cloud through 2006 and everybody in church life co-hort was probably getting tired of me saying, "finally everybody, finally! It's happening!" I guess it's good to be a broken record though when you are talking about the goodness of God.
Five snacks you enjoy:
When I'm being "good"? Or... oh, forget it, I'll just answer what my ultimate favorites are.
1) Potato chips
3) Ice cream (chocolate or cake batter)
4) Cheese and crackers
5) Chips and salsa
What are five songs you know all the lyrics to?
This would be endless since I'm a singer/musician/worshipper who has been ministering publicly in song since the age of 4 -- but, off the top of my head...I'll do hymns because they are easy... Amazing Grace, Victory in Jesus, Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, When We All Get to Heaven, Nothing But the Blood of Jesus.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1) Stop cleaning my house and pay someone else to do it.
2) Pay someone to do the weeds in my yard (you can't even imagine how big a job this is...)
3) Buy something special for those closest to me that I know they would not be able to have any other way unless someone blessed them.
4) Pay off my mortgage
5) Go on a vacation and get a massage everyday while there.
Tithing and giving generous offerings should absolutely go without saying, so I didn't even list it as one of the five. That's a given.
Five bad habits you have:
1) Stress/emotional eating.
2) Getting angry very quickly. Usually when I do I scream, "SHONDI!!!" (my family doesn't even bat an eye at this anymore. They are used to it.) Remember Pastor Tara, when you wanted to get me a shirt that says, "It's a Shondi day?" or something like that? I seem to recall it a few years ago. Strangely enough when something really great happens I yell Shondi, but when it's terrible I do the same. I don't mean it sacreligiously, really, it's just a habit. What can I say I believe in speaking in tongues when happy or sad. I say, "Shondi" in a joking way however seriously when I'm upset or angry I start praying in the spirit and the kids go, "Mom's speaking in tongues...get out of the way!!!"
3) Putting off the weeds for one more day because I'm tired.
4) Saying things when I get very angry without thinking through it first and calculating my words carefully.
5) Forgetting to send birthday cards.
Five things you like doing
2) Going on a date with my husband.
3) Meeting a friend for lunch or coffee.
4) Going to the beach
Five things you would never wear again
1) Big glasses
2) Tight pants
4) Hair bows
5) a choker - yeeeech!
Five favorite toys...
1) My computer
3) Coffee grinder (I do prefer to grind the beans right before I make it...it is better.)
4) Food processor (make a lot of my signature dishes with this...such as my chicken salad...)
5) TIVO (I only watch things I tape.)
TAG, you're it!