1) Base everything you do on what you've seen so far. If you haven't seen it modeled by other people, it must not exist.
2) Don't read too much. Be glad that your last reading assignment was in high school or college.
3) Resist feedback. It's uncomfortable. Whatever you do, don't go asking for it.
4) Value comfort above everything else.
5) Don't get quiet. Surround yourself with noise as much as possible, giving yourself little room for solitude or creativity.
Do these five things, my friends, for a 100% guarantee of stagnation!
One is enough to get you on a downward spiral but if you do all five combined it's a sure-fire recipe to get stuck and stay there.