5 Ways to FOCUS and Get Over a Bad Day
I get it.
Yesterday it seemed like whatever could go wrong went wrong. I won't bore you with the details -- it's not important. What is important is me telling you how you can have a better day today if it's been yukky so far. I'm taking my own advice, by the way...
1) Focus on really basic things for a few moments. Things like breathing. Say out loud: "thank you God, for life, thank you for breath." Take that in for a moment. Realize how blessed you are to be sucking air for another day!
2) Focus on one thing that's working. Okay so a bunch of other things don't, like the lame people in your office who didn't show up or are dragging their blessed assurances getting anything done. Forget about them for a second and focus on something that does WORK, like this. Yes, my friends, this little concoction works as crazy as it sounds. I tried it myself yesterday and it truly does the trick.
3) Focus on God's promises. They work too, more than magic cleaner. They are amazing! Yesterday in the midst of my stress I turned to Isaiah 55 and was reminded: “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it." (verses 10-11)
4) Focus on something that's good for you. I know you want to eat a bag of potato chips. But don't. It's not going to help you and you're just going to regret it later. Same thing with a six pack. Really. Do something that's good for you, like a work out, or a pedicure.
5) Focus on good news. Just for today turn off CNN or Fox. How much more do you need to know about the Dark Knight shooter in Colorado? Really, it's not helping you any. Get a few new tunes lined up on Spotify -- something that lifts your spirit. Call a friend who has a tendency to keep things positive.
Let's focus today and see a vast improvement!