How these people act says a lot about YOU!
Jacinda claimed to be an intercessor. She would talk about how close she was to the Lord, and said that God had called her to mentor the women of the church.
So if this was the case, why did the women she took under her wing seem to get worse?
- After beginning to attend her group they would come to church less, not more.
- When they did come to church their attitudes were not the same!
- The more they went to her home, the more they pulled away from the pastors - becoming distant, and awkward in conversation when they would see them.
- The longer they hung out with Jacinda, there was less and less of the fruit of the spirit in their lives.
- They started to move away from the basics of our faith, almost thinking them to be irrelevant, while they focused on extra-biblical (flaky) things.
- Rather than getting behind the pastor's vision for the church, they seemed to gravitate to whatever Jacinda had in mind
If you are a believer and you lead a group that you say is designed to grow others in Christ or help them in some way, keep in mind it should only:
- Increase Godly attitudes
- Produce more fruit of the spirit
- Increase wisdom in people, not flakiness
- Result in the people you lead coming to church more, not less
- Encourage them in having greater respect for their pastors, not less
We're quite a number of years removed from that pastorate now but as I look back on the fruit of Jacinda's efforts, it's sad. Most of the women she invested in aren't serving God now.