I'll just start off the top of my head in no particular order:
- I am so grateful for those in my life who surround me. I am so blessed.
- Tomorrow at CC is going to be off the chain! We're having a weekend of impact with Evangelist Fred Felton. We are expecting a "Next Level" day!! Yesterday there was a men's breakfast at the church and he was the speaker, and from all reports I received it was amazing.
- I came down with a cold/flu on Friday and it's pretty much full blown today...could really use your prayers! This is not real good timing with having to lead worship at both of the services today. My voice is rarely if ever on the fritz and today...it is! Jordan has the same symptoms I do but worse. Thanks for your prayers for him today too. I know no matter how he feels he will be there, faithfully playing the drums.
- A lot of people have asked how I'm doing with my new wellness/weight goals. Well, right now as far as wellness, I don't feel well! I'm hoarse and congested and sneezing and...you get the picture. But as far as my overall pursuit of wellness and losing excess weight, it's going good but slow. At this age, I've found weight hangs on to you like a hair on a grilled cheese sandwich!! Seriously. The older you are the harder it is to take off. And I'm not even old yet! Which makes me realize, I better just do this thing and get it all off now because if it's hard now I can't even imagine ten or twenty years from now. At that point it might be like trying to separate a man from a remote control.
- Larry and I went on a triple date with friends Friday night. It's so important for the health of a marriage to keep dating...
- I got a section of my yard weeded. It will probably take me about 7 more days/nights of work on it to get the entire thing weeded for the season coming up, and in due time I'll get it done. If you've been reading my blog any length of time you know I have a hate/hate relationship with weeds. There's no love there. None. I also live in a deed restricted community where we are expected to have our weeds under control. This is a very good example of an area where I don't "get it all done." People say to me, "Deanna, with all the roles you juggle and the hats you wear, how to you get it all done?" I don't. I just told you, only 1/8 of my yard is weeded right now. There will probably be a violation notice in my mailbox Monday about it. Some things, I just don't get done, at least on time. But I try.
- Tomorrow I'm going to start what I believe will be one of the most important blog series I've ever written. It will be about a calling I reluctantly embraced and my journey in fulfilling it. The series will last for 5 days, through Friday.
- I have fallen in love with sugar free Creamsicles. Seriously these things are only 20 calories, and 1 weight watcher points plus! What's not to love?
- Speaking of love, I love our church! I love what God is doing in it, and through it. I'm so excited! [skipping off joyfully with Kleenexes and Ricola in hand...]