Three Dog Night
Larry and all of the kids are at youth convention. I'm not lonely -- I'm home with the three dogs, playing, working, resting, sleeping...in fact here we were watching TV last night. They all make themselves right at home on our king size bed. Usually it's just Max and Maddie on there but since Dustin is gone this weekend I have Kayte, or as I call her: Kayte-kins, Kayte-koo, Kayte-koo-koo...doesn't take me long to create nicknames for people and pets that I love.
The dogs keep me company and also keep me safe. A man came to the door the other day trying to sell me a new home alarm system. When the three dogs bounded up to the door he looked scared to death. I told him we already had a great alarm system. :) He agreed.
Lots of people have been giving me feedback on the True Church Stories series I've been sharing here on the blog. I'm going to be back with more on Monday! Stay tuned as I share three more Monday - Wednesday and then I'll have some special posts for Thanksgiving. I'll probably return to more church stories again after that. I've got so many, they are pretty much inexhaustible. There's 23 years more waiting in the queue, so just sit tight because more are on the way. You'll laugh, you'll cry, it will become a part of you. :)
While the rest of the family is gone I've been enjoying QUIET. I've been getting a cabinet or drawer here or there organized. I've been getting some food dishes prepared for the weekend for the Celebration Church Thanksgiving Dinner this weekend and also for our work day on Monday. I love to cook, especially when I can do it at my own pace and have a quiet house to do so.
I have a lot to be grateful for...and as I close today I thought I'd share five things:
1) Iced tea. I think God put it on earth just for me. I drink several glasses (of unsweeted) a day, usually with lime.
2) Oil of Oregano . Thank you to my friend Rhonda Flint for recommending essential oils to me. I've just had a spot on my foot heal up that has been hurting for 6 months that never got better until I put Oil of Oregano on it! Amazing.
3) Being under the covers on a cold morning. Each day it's going to get colder now and I am just loving it! Soon it will be smores weather.
4) Turkey burgers. I really love them. (Really! I'm not just talking myself into it.)
5) This stuff called Barlean's Essential Woman. It seems to be helping me with my peri-menopausal symptoms. Just thought I'd pass that along. (I take the softgels, not the liquid.)