He'll be here a while...
There are pros and cons to starting sooner or later but we're choosing to look at the pros and encouraging him to do the same and he seems a little better now and joining us in trusting the Lord with this decision.
The positives I immediately see in this are:
1) I'll be able to be there the day he does ship out!!
2) If he goes in the fall, he will not be going through basic training in the sweltering July heat in San Antonio! This would be a positive for ANYONE, but being that Jordan has fainted in the heat a time or two, it was something we were already concerned about. Yes, I know it's still hot in September/October there, however I've heard that July is just brutal. Evidently the Lord may have taken this factor into consideration too -- who knows but that the date wasn't moved for just that reason?
3) We'll have a little bit more time as a family of five! No one can imagine how happy this makes me...except someone who has been there, done that.
4) Everything that went through my head as a reminder of things we haven't done yet as a family, we can try to do before he ships out. When the date got up on us that he was supposed to leave, I remembered things here and there that we wanted to do but didn't. I would like to try to do some of those between now and September.
5) Now that I have these few precious (possible) months I am more determined to make the most of them, realizing how hard it will be when the actual departure date really does come. I will absolutely make the most of every opportunity. I view this time whether a few weeks or months as a precious gift from God.
I'm grateful to everyone who wrote me a message of encouragement the past few days. I will post here again when we know more about his departure and covet everyone's prayers that God's will be done in all matters concerning this.
God already knows the ending. I try to remember that He's already in the future, waiting to show us around. What a learning curve this is! But if there's one thing in life I am committed to do, it's learn and grow. Here we go...second dress rehearsal, take two...