You know you're from Maryland if...
* You know how to pronounce "Towson".
* You remember what the Inner Harbor looked like before it was the Inner Harbor. (yes I do!)
* You ate at Haussner's. (Yes, I did several times notably after my high school graduation. The art was amazing.)
* You remember Friendship Airport.
* You remember driving over the old Kent narrows Draw-Bridge that snarled weekend traffic coming home from the Ocean.
* You love the Domino Sugar sign you can see across the harbor. (yes, I do. It was cool seeing it recently in the movie, "She's Just Not That Into You.")
* You remember the rotating restaurant on top off the Holiday Inn
on Light Street. (Yes!!! I went there too one time for a special occasion. I loved it.)
* You know Annapolis and Hopkins are national treasures and you get a kick out of hearing them named in movies or TV. (MMmmm hmm. Sure do)
* That downtown smelled great near McCormicks. (Yeah, that was really cool driving by there. Sometimes the combinations were odd though...cinnamon/garlic for instance. lol)
* Every kitchen has a can of Old Bay. (Sure do. Would never be without it. I use it on everything!)
* You refer to your state as "Marilyn." (I personally make sure I do not say it that way, however most Marylanders I know say it that way. I also don't call Baltimore "Balmer" like many people do. )
* You and your Mom shopped at Brager Gutmans, Hutzlers, The Hub, Stewart's, and The May Company. (Yes, we did Hutzlers at Golden Ring Mall before it closed.)
* You know where "Downey Ocean" is. (Oh my, so funny! I can hear it in my head now.)
* You remember the Civic Center. (Yes!!! went to so many things there including one General Council in the 70's.)
* You know Pam Shriver is from Maryland.
* You know how to eat steamed crabs and also know how to tell the males from the females. (Yes and I wish I had some right now. I miss them TERRIBLY. Just lamented about this to Shehan's the other night.)
* You don't think that Assawoman Bay is a strange name. (Sorry, although I'm from MD, and I've heard it a lot I still think it's strange.)
* M R Ducks makes perfect sense.
* You have fond memories of Memorial Stadium.
* You still root for the Orioles even when they aren't doing well.
* Everybody knows what a "zink" and "payment" are.
* When anywhere else, you can only laugh when you see signs saying "Maryland Crab Cakes!" (I don't laugh, I cry. Yes, I'm serious. (If you want proof, read this.)
* You say "Blare Road" for Bel Air Road. (Yes, I do say that.)
* You remember Jerry Turner and Al Sanders. (Old familiar faces.)
* You remember Oprah and Richard Sher together in the mornings on Ch-13. (I do!!! This was before she was the high priestess of the new age movement. Vintage Oprah.)
* Vince Bagli was "the" sports announcer on TV. (Yes, I remember my grandfather having the TV on and hearing his voice all the time.)
* You swore Frank Perdue kinda looked like one of his tender chickens.
* You know which bridge they're talking about, when someone says "The bridge traffic is backed up." (yep!)
* You revere the names of Johnny U, Brooks and Frank!
* You actually understand all of these and pass them on to other Marylanders to enjoy!