We had a great service yesterday! Worship is really going to a new level. There is a greater freedom and flow of His Spirit than before. God is doing new things in me, and God is doing new things in the church as well, for where God takes the leaders, He takes the church. The best is yet to come. If you don't believe that, just read Haggai. :-)
In other good news... I ate dinner at the table Saturday night, and lunch at the table yesterday. That might sound like a stupid announcement, but honestly I haven't been there in a long time.
I realize many of you, like me, are pentecostals who believe in healing. I also believe God uses doctors and counselors to help us and sometimes they are part of our healing process. I have had many more e-mails than comments lately because so many have privately wanted to tell me what God has brought them through, and given me greater understanding and hope. I am so thankful to those who have ministered to me in such a spirit of compassion and realized that this is something very real and not something that can just be snapped out of. Sometimes God instantaneously heals us, and sometimes there are processes of healing we go through. What about those in scripture who were "healed as they went"?
I have been through many things in my life and one thing I've noticed is that with each thing God gives me a greater compassion and much less judgment. My heart is greatly filled with concern more than ever for those who feel that the darkness has closed in on them. Some people have e-mailed me and it's been a message of, "I'm going through the same thing too...please pray for me." I'm not happy that anyone else is going through stuff, and especially not the blackness (the main word I'd use to describe it right now) of depression, but at least it makes me feel comforted that others do understand.
For any of you who did write that kind of an e-mail to me I want to suggest a great website I found with a ton of information that was very helpful. Here you go.
I'm not really sure why, but mornings are the worst time for me. I have wondered if it's that way for others who have gone through this. I'm taking steps to hopefully see that improve.
Other little tidbits from today:
- We did "Healer" yesterday - this time, rehearsed with the band fully. It was awesome!
- We stayed a long time greeting visitors in the hospitality room, and talking with others. It was good. Great spirit in the church. We are blessed with loving people. Some of our members have said, "mean people don't last long at our church." I think that's a compliment.
- I made roast for my family. I haven't done that for a while, but today I did. My kids love my roast recipe. They and their friends say there is nothing like it. I ate it too. Yum. :-)
- We didn't have anything for church last night so I got to rest. Good times. Larry and I watched the Olympics and snuggled.
- Saturday I went out and rode my new bike again, for 3 miles.
- I was asleep by midnight.