What am I up to?
So I've written a few article type blogs but nothing personal the last few days. I'm sure some of you are on the edge of your seat, thinkin', "enough about spanish-isms, Barack Obama or cooties...nothing is as stimulating as Deanna's life, so give up the 411 now..." LOL
Alright, here's what's going on in my world this week...
First of all, I'm on a 50 day"Daniel Fast" (fruits/vegetables only) fast along with 60 or more other people at my church. Today is our 10th day. Whew! We're 1/5 of the way through. I've sort of lost my desire/enjoyment of anything edible and just pretty much eat to live. That whole live to eat thing is gone by the wayside at least for now. My routine is pretty simple. Each morning I make Teeb and I a smoothie made of mango, banana, strawberries and blueberries. I also eat a lot of grits. Grits are just corn and water in case you didn't know. Some of my other favs on this fast are olives, yams, potatoes of any kind and peanut butter. These are pretty much what I have lived on for 10 days and will more than likely continue to live on the next 40 days. I'm trying hard not to walk around with peanut butter breath but it's a challenge.
What am I believing for in this fast? Salvations and healings, and more of them.
In other news:
- I get my permanent crown put on tomorrow at the dentist! Yippee aye aye! And it will just be another time to see some of my favorite people at Coast Dental!
- My neighbor that I've taken bread to for 3 years (to reach out to) has just asked me about coming to church! Yes, this time I didn't have to ask her, she asked me!
- I've done a ton of work this week at the office/home...huge initiative list. Almost done but now quite. Hopefully I'll have it wrapped up by "fun Friday" despite my dental appt. tomorrow or I'll just be working most of Saturday. Oh well, no biggie.
- We're having a missionary to Muslims speak tonight at the church. Very excited about this. Afterwards we will probably take him out to eat and I will get some potatoes and carrots. Joy!
- I've been doing a considerable amount of weeding in my yard. I hate weeding but the solitude is nice. For some reason no one wants to join me when I weed.
- I've been reading a lot as usual. Some of my fav blogs which include my friend Pastor Tara who just did one today on being "provoked to your promise." Awesome stuff. You've got to check it out!
Tune in tomorrow same bat time same bat channel for more life-changing features from yours truly. :-)