Sunday Night De-briefing
It was a rainy today in Tampa - torrential downpour, all day. Even as it was raining outside, the Lord was raining upon us with His presence.
Mallory led worship today and did a great job as usual. I preached today, and my message was the second in our new "MORE" series. My text was Revelation 3:14-22, about the church of Laodicea, the main point being verses 15 and 16: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth."
I spoke of two areas of lukewarmness - our personal relationship with the Lord, and then our zeal/service to God and others. When talking about mediocrity, I used a funny clip I found YouTube called Profiles in Mediocrity. It's a good one to use when you're preaching about people having passion for what they do, and doing it right. I also had a little skit with Pastor Lindsay, Joel, and...Savanna! Today was her acting debut. She was nervous but really wanted to help out. Had choir tonight and I'm absolutely beat. Time to sleep...finally.Some of my main points today from my message:
- WE CAN HAVE AS MUCH OF GOD AS WE WANT TO HAVE.
His Word says He has given us everything we need for life and Godliness.
He has spread a table before us…
He says come and dine… (COME AND DINE, NOT WHINE!) Stop whining about how tired you are, how you're not being fed, being picky about the spiritual food provided, yada yada yada. What we NEED to hear is not always what we WANT to hear.
- We must "taste and see that the Lord is good…" If we are not hungry for Him, what have we been snacking on? (The junk of the world.)
- Jesus Christ did not die on the cross, and rise on the third day in power so we can lay around and whine about being tired or that we're not being fed. How much more does He have to do for His people to arise to the occasion? A feast is before us every day. It's time to get up and eat.
- Some think, “who cares? I just stack ketchup packets at a fast food restaurant.” I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DO, THE WORD OF GOD SAYS DO IT TO THE GLORY OF GOD!
- Somebody is always watching you who is capable of greatly blessing you.
- My husband always says to the staff, "I don’t mind that you make a mistake – if you don’t make mistakes you aren’t taking any risks for God or getting anything done, but learn – and don’t make the same mistake twice! And for heaven’s sakes, get something done!"
- As Pastor Larry said last week, God’s looking for people who will go just a little bit further…
do just a little bit more…
pick up the ball when other people drop it… (when I get to heaven, I'm going to have my own "ball pit" from all the balls I've picked up that others have dropped. You can come jump in it...)
He's looking for those who will stand in the gap…be the one.
God is looking for people who know how to get stuff done…the “go to” people. Be the "go to" person.
- Realize, God has supernatural power and without Him you will not do a thing, however remember that your flesh must be brought under subjection and you must cooperate fully with him.
- Whether it be speaking in tongues, or cleaning up a parking lot on a work day, or getting a ministry started, or doing your job at work, you have to take the first step in the flesh and DO something. What happens in the spirit is often begun in the flesh - when you don't feel like it.
- We must guard against and pray against the lethargic spirit that has gripped the church today.
- Let's seek the Lord while He may be found.