Seven things about me
1) The most important thing to me in a relationship is loyalty. If you are truly my loyal friend I will stand with you through all eternity and die for you if I have to. And you'll never have to wonder about where I stand. If you are my friend and someone tries to hurt you...well...I've gone to prison once and won't mind doing it again. (Just kidding, I have gone to prison many times - to minister to people there - but not as a prisoner myself!) However I'm not kidding on the fact of...if you're my tried and true friend, you've got me in your corner and that's that.
2) I overcame more adversity in my first 20 years than many people do in a lifetime. Somebody once told me at an altar (when I was young) that I was headed for greatness because of that. I believed them.
3) I like really unique toppings on my pizza...things like eggplant, calamata olives and mushrooms. (That's actually my favorite 'build my own' combination at Uno's!)
4) I've always had a hard time keeping my weight under control. It's my biggest struggle, always has been. But with God's help, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
5) Next to writing, reading is my first love. The two go hand in hand of course. A book can take me places in an instant, from wherever I'm at...what a wonderful gift. Someone once said "books are embalmed minds." I believe that's true - you can learn from those living or dead, and you can be transported instantly to another world through a book. As Cassandra said yesterday, this was the greatest work of the disciples. God sent us His Son, but He left His book!
6) I'm a person who gets things done and I like to hang around people who get things done. Of all the people I do not want to spend major time with, lazy ones top the list. I would rather spend my day in a maximum security prison hanging out with people on death row (and I have done that, actually) rather than be with lazy people and I do mean that sincerely. Lazy people make me shake. There are times I feel like I'm going to go into a seizure when I'm around lazy people. Okay enough of that.
7) I love country music. Okay, confession time. Are you ready for a big laugh? One time we were in the middle of an altar service. The spirit was moving in a great way and people were being touched and blessed at the altar. I had one of the microphones and I started to give a word over someone. As I reached out to touch them I shouted, "God is moving in your situation right now. The problems with your job are getting ready to change! A change is coming...a change so great you're going to say, "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!" A few minutes later I went over to where my husband was on the platform and he leaned over to me and said, "Babe, I don't know whether that was really the Holy Ghost, or Tim McGraw..." LOL
I said "Well honey, you know Jesus spoke in parables and the language of His day, so who says the Holy Ghost can't say something like Tim McGraw would?" We both just cracked up! ** sigh ** Ahhh, church altar services, they can be so fun can't they?
p.s. please know that was sincere, I really did feel that was a word from the Lord...incidentally that lady WAS blessed and she did like it, love it and want some more of it...!