57 Girl Confessions
1. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? both
Only one kisses me on the forehead now, but absolutely. I'm all for kissing anywhere, anytime. Yum. Yum. 2. A big poofy dress or a short party dress?
Since the poofy dress only makes me look poofier, definitely the party dress especially since I've been told (by more people than just my husband - by women - who are usually the hardest critics - that I have great legs.)
3. What would you do if you received a long love letter?
I'd definitely save it and read it again.
4. Group dates or single dates?
Both are fun.
5. Do you hate it when guys act different around their friends?
Well, sometimes but not always. It depends. Is he acting different simply letting his hair down and being a guy, doing gross stuff like body noises? Or is he acting like I don't exist when he's around his friends? If he's just doing funny and gross guy stuff that is normal. If he's acting cold, aloof, refuses to acknowledge my presence or show me any affection and acts like I don't exist in front of his friends? He might as well stay out with them and not come home. I'm not going to play that game and will send a very clear message - it won't continue if I'm going to be his woman. The boy will straighten up and fly right. That's just "the way I roll" as my Jordan would say. (SMILE)
6. Are diamonds a girl’s best friend?
No. They are awesome, but they don't take the place of someone to talk to.
7. Is your hair up or down today?
It's too short to be up anymore.
8. Do you straighten your hair?
Yes, most every day.
9. Favorite mascara?
I think it's called Dangerous Lengths or something like that. I forget - I'd have to look in my makeup bag and I'm too lazy to get up right now and see.
10. Do you get your nails done?
Oh yes. Very important to me to have nice looking hands. I pray with people, hold their hand at times, use my hands when I speak, and I just want them to look great all the time. It's a priority to me.
11. Small or large purses?
Both. But on an average day - large. Larry calls my purse "the black hole" because it's usually a big one with a ton of stuff in it that makes it hard to find anything.
12. In your purse, what are your must haves?
My wallet - debit card and lipstick. Also wint-o-green lifesavers.
13. Jeans or sweats?
14. Do you wear clothes/shoes/jewelry that’s uncomfortable?
If it's for something special, but I take my comfy shoes and put them on as soon as I leave the event.
15. Do you text message a lot?
No, I hate it. When I get a text or have to text someone back, I cringe. Text messaging is clearly part of eschatology. The writing on the wall in the Old Testament was a shadow and type of the anti-Christ and what is to come later on revealed in the book of Revelation which ironically enough is manifesting itself now through modern tools such as the text message, instant messaging, and so forth. This is right up there with microchip implants and the mark of the beast. Read your Bible, you'll see it all there. Or just watch TBN - I'm sure John Hagee will preach a message about this soon or come out with a book...THE COMING APOCALYPSE...TEXT MESSAGE UNMASKED.
16. What would you do if you got pregnant?
I might get invited to be a guest on Oprah with the topic of "miracle conceptions". This would be a shocker since my husband had a vasectomy (he calls it his "season pass" to sex) and I've had an endometrial ablatian and with the combo of these two little operations, it's supposed to be near impossible to get pregnant. Strangely enough I used to say I'd want to die if I got pregnant at this point in my life and I'd need counseling and have a nervous breakdown but in the past year I have felt differently. I really wouldn't care if it happened in fact it might be cool. I know that sounds crazy. Maybe it's that I'm to the point where I trust myself more as a parent now because all the things I've believed in so strongly (that I used to doubt when my kids were younger and misbehaved or messed up at times) I'm now starting to realize really DO work. You just have to wait years sometimes to see the manifestation of all that you work for and go through. Until you see how your kids are starting to make the right decisions in life, you doubt yourself, big time. There are even a few times now when stuff happens and I go, "Uh, God...did you really ordain me to be a parent because right now I'm feeling like a big failure..." but then a week or so later the kids do something that rocks my world and makes me so proud. I know much of it is a miracle that despite my feeble attempts at parenting they have turned out this way but some things I did were right and for that I'm ever grateful. I would be a lot more confident as a parent now if I started over again. You live and learn. Believe it or not I would be willing to adopt a child right now but my husband says, "ARE YOU C-R-A-Z-Y?" Yes. I am. In many ways. That's what makes me so compelling that some of you log onto this blog all the time. Just admit it.
17. What’s your favorite color?
18. Heels or flats?
Both but mostly heels
19. Did you ever cry during a romantic movie?
Yes. With my favorite one I have to stop the movie every single time, go out of the room, sob a while and then come back and put it on again to finish. Larry says, "AND THIS MAKES YOU HAPPY? Why not just bang your head against a wall if you just want to sit here and sob for an hour?"
20. Would you ever leave the house without make-up on?
I don't like to but at rare times I do like when Teeby wakes me up in the morning and says, "hurry up, just pull some clothes on and let's go get breakfast..." I do a real quick clean up and leave and then come back and get "ready" for the day.
21. Walmart or Target?
22. Do you wear collared shirts?
23. Do you like preppy boys?
Oh my yes. I love pretty boys. Preppy boys. G-Q boys. Boys who smell like Curve and Drakkar. Boys who wear suits and shiny shoes. Boys who grow up to be men like my man.
24. Do you think lip gloss is the best!?
Love anything that is lipwear...can't live without it. I like Avon Glazewear a lot...Susan keeps me stocked in it.
25. Do you own any big sunglasses?
I had a pair but sat on them and broke them unfortunately.
26. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
One hour if I wash my hair, 30 minutes to 45 if it's the second day and I'm just styling it. I try to only wash it every other day and just shower on the off day because it preserves my color and highlights more and keeps them fresher til' the next time and doesn't "dull them" as much.
27. Do you like to wear band-aids?
Yep. My Jordan (pictured at left) is a skater boy and ya can't help but like him.
29. Do you often wish there was something you could change?
Absolutely! I wish I could personally take on all the 'causes' of the world. The lack of work ethic in America, the poverty in Africa, the gas prices in America, the insurance industry as a whole, the judicial system, the lack of good candidates in the presidential race, prejudice of all kinds, the lethargic state of much of the American church, the political aspect of the ministry, the fact that many parents today are afraid of their kids that they birthed and won't step up to the plate to discipline them, the whining and selfishness in the world, the pettiness on the part of many people who are saved who should be concentrating more on winning the world for Christ than whether they like the worship music or who sat in their pew, the fact that so many of my friends and family are so far away, the lack of financial resources in ministry at times, the fact that child molesters usually don't get the death penalty, the fact that somebody can hold credentials in the A/G and not believe in women in the ministry though it is one of our official positions...um, I could go on here all day with stuff I'd like to personally change in the world, but I'll stop now.
30. Gold or silver?
Both but I wear silver more.
31. Do you like to receive flowers?
I love flowers. When Teeb brings them to me, I just melt. Jordan sometimes gives them to me too.
32. Do you like surfer boys?
Yep, my Jordy is a surfer boy too and ya gotta love him! Look at this boy - he looks like he came straight out of Hawaii 5-0. (Revealing my age there a bit!)
33. Do you dress up for the holidays?
Many times I do. Always for some occasions such as communion, etc.
34. Do you like to wear dresseses?
35. On a scale of 1-10 how much do guys confuse you?
Not really a lot - I think I have them pretty well figured out to be quite truthful.
36. In the last 48 hours have you hung out with a guy?
I'm next to one right now.
37. Would you date a guy shorter than you? The man I date now is 6/2. But if tragedy were to strike and I were to be on the dating scene again, height means nothing to me really.
38. Do you like to hold hands?
39. What is the youngest you would date? Teeby is a year younger than me. As far as if I were ever single again through tragedy and I dated, what would I do? Lots of women talk about dating younger men and what a rush it would be, but quite honestly maturity is so important to me especially at this phase of my life that I don't know that I'd want to have to go through someone "growing up" again or feel like I'm "training" them or something. God forbid, I'm so past that. No, no, no. I'd want somebody who is at a solid, mature place in their journey of life and there are some things that only come with time, really.
40. What is the oldest you would date? Again, not applicable at this point in my life. However if the aforementioned tragedy was to be the case, I am not sure if I would have a limit.
41. What do you notice when you first meet a guy? The first thing I notice is if they are genuinely interested in what I am saying and engaging in real conversation. If they don't value my mind I truly don't care about their smile, eyes, hair, how they dress, etc. If they don't respect what I have to say they could be Brad Pitt and I could CARE LESS. Conversation is what I find attractive most of all. Can he woo me with his words? Can his ability to listen rock my world?
42. Is it hot when guys sweat?
To me, not really unless it means Teeb and I are going to get in the shower together and get rid of the sweat. No, never. If I can't be myself around him why would I want to impress him? He's not worth it in that case.
43. What is the best feature in a guy?
His ability to carry on interesting conversation. Fortunately Teeby is good at this.
44. Do you like making eye contact?
Have to. I don't talk to Teeb when he's in the other room. I'll wait til' I can see his eyes. The eyes as he talks to me is the gateway to my heart.
46. Would you kill for chocolate?
Kill? No. Maim? Maybe.
47. Did you ever spend all day/night getting pretty for a guy?
Not all day but an hour or two, yep.
48. On a scale from 1-10 how fun is shopping?
10 plus if money is involved. If no money involved it's minus 100. I don't window shop. How excruciating to just look at stuff you can't have. So stupid. I just stay home unless I have money to spend.
49. Do you freak out if you miss your favorite show?
No not at all. That's what TIVO is for.
50. Do you yell a lot?
I've gotten better but yes at times.
51. Do you wear sweatpants/pajamas to school/work?
Not unless it's "work day" at the church office. I definitely believe in dressing in professional business attire. You can't be sloppy in doing God's work or any work in my opinion. How you dress says a lot about how serious you are about your job.
52. Have you ever dressed unlike yourself to impress a guy?
53. Do you write a lot of mushy love poems?
Poems, no. Letters, yes.
54. What makeup could you not live w/ out?
55. Do you fall in love easily?
No. There's nothing really easy about true love. It's unconditional and sacrificial. Love is a decison - if it's true, you don't fall into it - you build it. You fall into infatuation and lust but love, no. If love it not the hardest thing you've ever done, I don't think you've ever really loved at all.
56. Do you have cramps?
Not anymore since I had my ablatian.
57. Do you have the bestest friend ever?
I'd like to think so. If everyone who is married doesn't think that, they should work as hard as they can to make that a reality in their relationship. As for me, we have our ups and downs but I'm committed every single day to work on it so that we still consider ourselves the best of friends. It would be very easy to lose that quality in our relationship if we didn't work on it daily.
No, never. If I can't be myself around him why would I want to impress him? He's not worth it in that case.