Well, here's a meme from my friend Pastor Tara Sloan. I just need something that doesn't require me to keep re-writing until it's acceptable for public consumption...or something that will keep me busy and get my mind off of that which has me stressed.
No personal details tonight, just an admonition to all of you ~ we are living in the last days, I believe. And if what I am going through and so many of my friends in ministry are going through is any indication, the enemy is really trying to discourage ministers. Only about 1/4 of the people who read my blog are from my church so that means the vast majority of you are in churches elsewhere around the world and I just admonish you with this -- pray...fast...encourage...support. Your pastor needs all these things.
So instead, I'll "meme" tonight and then hold on tight to Teeby while I get some sleep. :-)
1. If you could have any person you've encountered this week put on the bench at the dunk tank, in order to dunk them, who would it be and why?
Honestly, no one. I don't have any ill/hateful/bitter feelings toward anyone - people just tire me. I'm learning, a lot of pastors are tired.
2. What's one song you feel describes your life at this moment? "
"Tomorrow", from the musical Annie and "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac
3. Is there anything you're looking forward to for this holiday season?
Getting some rest. Being with my family and others who energize me/encourage me.
4. Are there any people you wish you could get in touch with right now?
Yes, I've been thinking about a few people in ministry that I need to call. However I usually don't call people unless I'm "up" in spirit. I know it sounds kind of backwards, but when I not at my optimal, I always feel like I'll be a downer in talking to someone. I don't want to seem like Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live. I want to be the person other people call to get the ray of hope they need. (Right now, I happen to be short on rays...)
5. As you grow older who do you find yourself sounding most like? Myself. Finally getting comfortable.
6. What's the most recent movie you've seen?
7. Do you have a bedtime routine?
No, and I desperately need one.
8. Do you have any quirks or weird personality traits?
Oh gosh, there's not a blog big enough to chronicle them!
9. Have you ever found money in the street? Yep
10. What is your biggest indulgence?
eating potato chips and chocolates (trying to break that habit), pedicures, reading
11. If you had to give up a right, guaranteed in the U.S. or any constitution, to protect National Security which one would it be and why?
I'd have to agree with my friend Pastor Tara on this one - the right to bear arms... I'd leave that to the military and law enforcement
12. What do you consider to be the most positive personality trait you have?
I am absolutely faithful. I do what I say I'm going to do, show up where I say I'm going to show up, on time, every time.
13. If you have a relative who was dying of a terminal illness and they only had a few months to live but didn't know it would you tell them?
This is a very difficult question because the saddest thing I'd ever have to do would be tell them, however...since I feel very strongly about secrets, and I hate dishonesty by "omission" then I would venture to say that yes I'd have to find some way to tell them. I think every person has the right to know the truth about things that concern them. I hate secrets and lies even if they are "for a good reason."
14. Who do you miss this most at this time of the year?
A white Christmas - the potential of snow on Christmas.
15. Is there anything you're afraid of?
Deep water and having to live without my husband
16. What are you hoping Santa leaves you in your stocking this year?
Amy Grant's book - Mosaic, pretty panties, Moonlight Path cologne
17. What's your favorite Sunday comic?
I never read the Sunday comics, or any newspaper comics.
18. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date?
Staying successfully married - and now, very happily married.
19. Do you have any favorite places to go and think?
My back patio or the beach