Fifteen things I WILL pursue even though I am a pastor
1) Writing...for the rest of my life. It's as much a call on my life as the call to pastoral ministry.
2) Continuing education.
3) Continue to accept speaking engagements outside the church as my schedule allows.
4) Missions trips.
5) Mentoring at least one or two young adults real up close and personal.
6) Take time for myself each week, preferably a little each day.
7) Quiet. Solitude. Demand time apart and...get it.
8) Friends. And yes, even in the church.
9) Collect as many shoes as possible.
10) A regular day off, choosing the wisdom of a day of rest rather than giving in to the tyranny of the urgent.
11) A realistic view of my kids. Proper expectations, not unrealistic ones.
12) A bikini-worthy body. (um, I've got a lot of work to do by this summer...like, 13 pounds worth...and a ton of firming up...but I won't quit trying.) Quitters never win. Winners never quit.
13) An incredibly hot marriage. So much that people have to stand back a little when they encounter it, it's so sizzling. Sort of when a fajita comes to your table at a restaurant, you move back a little bit...whoa...hot plate! :-)
14) A book contract.
15) A ton of fun packed into every day.... I believe life should be that way...work should be that way. If we truly LOVE what we do, we'll never work another day in our lives.